1 tsp Sesame oil
125g/4oz baby sweetcorn
1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 bunch spring onions, shredded
300g/10oz button mushrooms, sliced
25g/1oz fresh root ginger, grated
4 tbsp. soy sauce
½ tbsp. set honey
1 tbsp. cornflour
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 cup vegetable stock
250g/8oz bean sprouts
50g/2oz split cashew nuts
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the corn, pepper and mangetout.
- Then add the onions, mushrooms and ginger and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Put the soy sauce and honey into the pan.
- In a separate bowl, put the cornflour, tomato puree and 1 tbsp. of the vegetable stock. Mix these to a smooth paste.
- Heat the soy sauce and honey and pour onto the cornflour mixture, then pour this mixture back into the pan and cook to a smooth paste.
- Stir in the beansprouts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and nuts and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.