- Preheat the oven to 170 °C/325 °F/gas mark 3.
- Heat the oil gently and sauté the onion for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, courgettes and tomatoes and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Sauté the mince gently until browned and continue to cook.
- Season to taste, add the peas and leave on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil and mash the potatoes.
- Place the meat in an ovenproof dish, spread the potato on top and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes.
1 tsp olive oil 1 large onion, chopped 2 large carrots cut into thin sticks 124g/4oz courgettes cut into thick sticks 400g/13oz tinned chopped tomatoes 300g/10oz lean minced beef, dry fried in a non-stick pan and drained of fat. Salt and pepper 3 tbsp frozen peas 375g/12oz potatoes, peeled 3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs