2 onions, finely chopped
4 chicken breasts
400 ml (14 fl oz) dry cider
100 g (3.5 oz) apple purée
400 g (14 oz) mushrooms, sliced
400 ml (14 fl oz low fat crème fraîche
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
60 g (2 oz) butter
- Heat the olive oil and half the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and chicken breasts and brown all over.
- Add the cider to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms with the rest of the butter until brown. Drain and then add to the chicken and onions and season. Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the crème fraîche and apple purée to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve in a warmed bowl with pasta or new potatoes.