- Sauté the chicken gently in the sesame oil and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the vegetables, chilli and ginger to the pan and sauté from 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In a separate bowl put the corn flour and the sherry/rice wine and mix to make a paste.
- Put the soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest in the pan, simmer for 1 minute, then pour onto the corn flour mixture. Stir well and then return to the pan to make a thick sauce. Add the chicken stock/water.
- Return to chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes
Serves 4 4 chicken fillets, skinned and cut into strips 1 tsp sesame oil 1 dried red chilli or ¼ tsp chilli powder 1 tsp fresh ginger 1 red pepper, sliced 50g/2oz mushrooms, sliced 5 spring onions, chopped ½ tsp finely chopped garlic 1 tsp corn flour, blended with 1 tsp water 2 tsp dry sherry or rice wine 2 tsp light soy sauce 1- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice 2 tsp brown sugar Zest of 1 lemon 90ml/3 fl oz chicken stock or water